Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage. Tips on treating your body.
Tips to Treat your Body with Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Do you want to improve your immune system, detoxify your body and feel more alive and more energetic?? Well, manual lymphatic drainage massage is the right form of massage for you. A Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage is actually a gentle massage technique utilized to stimulate the lymphatic fluid flow around the body. With the use of light and specific slow strokes, this massage will work on your connective tissue quickly below your skin.
As manual lymphatic drainage massage promotes fluid circulation and decongestion of lymph nodes, this will further help detoxify your body and boost your immune system. This will also help you in treating a lot of health illnesses and conditions.
But, how can you treat your body by way of manual lymphatic drainage massage? Here are some of the tips you need to consider before and during the massage session:
Before The Massage Session
- Arrive at the exact location where your massage session will be held in a hydrated condition. One of the factors that will impair your detoxification ability is dehydration. Thus, you need to avoid getting into such kind of condition.
- Dress in the most comfortable manner. Underwire bras and tight clothing will make it very difficult to let your lymph get moving. You need to choose something that will make you feel comfortable during the massage session.
- Arrive at the massage session location with an empty stomach. You will also be given a chance to eat but you will have to eat only a light amount of food prior to the massage session.
- Avoid applying any lotion to your skin. Dry skin is considered to be more effective especially when it comes to stimulating stretch response correctly for the lymph vessels.
- Don’t drink any alcoholic beverages or consume any recreational drugs a day before your massage session. The liver will be responsible in detoxifying your lymphatic system. That is why you must not bring a burden to this body organ.
After the Massage Session
- Plan for a movement period right after the massage. In this massage, your lymph collects all unhealthy toxins of the body. It also carries it into you bloodstream for elimination purposes. Ten to fifteen minutes of breathing and movement are highly recommended.
- Allow time to rest after the massage.
During the Massage Session
- The massage therapist will touch you in very light and moderate touches, receiving the right amount of pressure to gently stretch your skin. Still, this should not provide any discomfort or pain.
- You may experience some sensations during the massage session when the lymph fluid starts to flow or move.
These are only some of the best tips you need to consider to treat your body the most effective and safest way possible. This is especially when it comes to manual lymph drainage massage.
For those who are looking for the best provider of manual lymphatic drainage massage, then spend time to visit www.healingwithinyou.com for more information about their services.
This is a guest contributed post, and the authors bio and contact information is found below!
Having 10 years of experience, Zora J. Edwards has unparalleled experience and training, and provides therapeutic body work to help dramatically relieve pain in as little as one session.